My Notes & Changes:
– I made this shredded chicken in my Instant Pot but I left out the salsa! Honestly, I left it out because I didn’t have any on hand but when I make it again I will be leaving it out again. I felt like it wasn’t needed and I was glad that it didn’t taste like I dumped jarred salsa in the chicken (sometimes I feel like salsa does that, right? Maybe I’m the only one who feels this way.) The chicken was still SUPER liquidy!
– I also added half of a large jalapeno pepper.
– I removed the seeds so it wouldn’t be too spicy for the kiddos.
– I didn’t add green chilies. Instead I just used a can of fire roasted diced tomatoes with green chilies.
– I used organic chicken stock/broth instead of water.
– I added a little bit of Red Pepper Flakes and Garlic salt (along with jarred minced garlic… I love the garlic.)
– I did add in some Basmati rice after the chicken was done cooking and let it soak up the liquid in the pot for 10 minutes.
– I put the mixture in Red bell peppers which I just cut the top off and “gutted”. I sprinkled a little bit of cheese on top and threw them in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes (or until the chees is melted)
– I put a small glob of Sour cream on the top and chopped up some spinach for a little bit of green on top 🙂
That’s it! Enjoy!
See what Instant Pot I use HERE!