Sweet, sweet, glorious naptime. And even better – both kids are sleeping at the same time. That’s real talent, right there. I got both kids, one three-year-old and the other, a one-year-old, both sleeping at the exact same time.
If you don’t have multiple kids, then you don’t understand how impressive this really is…. anyways, just know, I’m good.
So as my angel beasts drifted off to wherever sleeping toddlers go, I sat down. I actually SAT.
Now, I know most of you stay at home moms are thinking, what is sat? What is this word you speak of? We don’t sit, at least I don’t… EVER. It could have something to do with the fact that my husband works from home, so I’m not going to lay around all day in his presence, but I think most of it is because I have two toddlers. They don’t let me sit. The minute I attempt to sit, all hell breaks loose. One usually starts crying, and you moms of multiples know that when one cries, they all freakout.
So naturally, I avoid sitting at all cost.
But today was different. Instead of completing household chores or packing boxes for our upcoming move, I went rogue and I sat for a bit.
I also took care of some other important business:
- I put a laundry basket of clean clothes (that I intended on folding) on my bed, turned on the tv, laid back, and used the laundry basket as a foot rest.* Side note- I didn’t fold those clothes until four days later when Mike claimed that he had no clean underwear. He’s high maintenance like that.
- I plucked my eyebrows. I got too carried away and I plucked a little too much eyebrow off of the right side of my face, which was unfortunate. So now it looks like I have some kind of weird facial hair condition.
- I clipped my toenails… slowly. Then I filed them into the perfect rounded square shape (something I never take the time to do unless I am avoiding a task, like a household chore).
- I checked Facebook. I checked Facebook for thirty-eight minutes… the feed never ends.
- I laid on the floor on my back to prepare for a workout. I was about to start a set of weighted crunches but decided to check Facebook one more time. (see #4.)
- I got out all of the supplies to make myself a real lunch (a sandwich that wasn’t peanut butter and jelly) but decided to put it all back and ate half a box of Cheez-Its instead. They were not the reduced fat kind and they were truly delightful.
- I started to sort through a large stack of mail (hey, productive!) and stumbled across a catalog for what appeared to be crappy outdoor home decor. I flipped through the catalog for forty-five minutes and ended up buying two things from their website.
- I went into my bathroom with every intention of showering, but instead I realized that I have way too many half used lotion bottles. I wanted to sort through them and throw away the bottles that I hadn’t used in a while. After sniffing two dozen lotions and applying seven of them onto my body as testers, I kept all of the lotions. And I didn’t shower.
- I popped a zit and it was rewarding as always. When I destroy a pimple, I am in an excellent mood for at least fifteen minutes.
- I went to the attic to get some boxes so I could continue packing and I came across a box of old high school pictures After reminiscing for thirty minutes, I brought the moving boxes downstairs into my kitchen.
- While in my kitchen, I got distracted by some flies and went on an intense fly-killing spree. I killed flies for twelve minutes. I’d post up patiently and wait until they landed so I could get the perfect swat. If fly-killing was a sport, I’d be an olympian.
- I realized that I was tired from vicious fly swatting and being up with my two-year-old the night before (nightmares), so I decided to lay down and take a fifteen minute nap. As soon as I laid down and closed my eyes, I heard my youngest singing at the top of her lungs.
… and I’m up.
And that is how to successfully kill the only free time you will get for the entire day.
I don’t get many days where I have uninterrupted free time, but when I do, I sure know how to blow it.
Productivity is not on my to-do list on these days.
(you know you’ve had days like this…)
-Until the next time this redhead rambles.
For more humorous and honest parenting posts like this, please “Like” my Life as a Rambling Redhead Facebook Page!
Thanks for Pinning!